Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Day 3 - A Problem Arises

Today we drew names for Secret Santas at my office, and we are supposed to bring in 3 gifts, one each week November 28-December 14, for our secret recipient.

HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM.....

How do you bring anyone a gift, let alone 3, if you can't spend any money????? What idiot came up with the bright idea to do this during the holidays?!! Oh wait, that would be me.

I really, REALLY wanted to ask for an exemption on this one, but there is a family somewhere doing this for an entire YEAR and I can't last 3 measly days?????? No, we will work around this. I can make gifts--we will find a way!

Andy says if he didn't get an exemption for epoxy, I don't get one for Christmas gifts. On December 13 I will be buying the man a CASE of epoxy for Christmas. Ho ho ho.....

2 comments:

Camille said...

Ah, christmas! When caught short I normally scrounge around and find something I'm not using. Hey, if all else fails you can give them a mug out of the cupboard! Not that I've done that....

Rete said...

check out craftster.org for lots of great ideas for gifts. I saw a recipe on there for coffee bath salts that sounded divine, and seemed like it used round the house type items. You can do it!

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...