Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Dear Google: Thank you for expanding my life

While I use Google almost daily, I don't really understand how it works. I know you can add "tags" to make your website more likely to be found by search engines, but it turns out that your website can be found through totally unrelated searches that, frankly, you shouldn't qualify for.

Example:

A couple weeks ago, if you "googled" on some combination of "female impersonators Canada," my blog--the September 12, 2007 entry specifically--popped up. This site had a TREMENDOUS amount of (what I imagine to be very disappointed) traffic that week. I tried to convince Andy to pose for some appropriately bedecked photos in the interests of "truth in advertising," but his dedication to the blog has some surprising limits.

I'm starting my list now for when we renew our vows......

1 comment:

RenateS said...

Toni, I just found your blog. I also belong to the Dem-Fischer-Sin-Fru. So far it has been a fun knit and for the first time in my life, I am actually caught up before the next clue comes out. I don't guarantee that this will continue, however. I'm writing to let you know I really enjoyed reading your blog. I'm sorry for your husband's job loss. I can empathize somewhat since I live in Michigan and my daughter lost her job and cannot find another one. So she went back to college. She's lucky in a sense in that she has a roof over her head thanks to mom who luckily won't lose her SS and Pension. My thoughts are with you and your husband.
Renate Speaks
http://360.yahoo.com/rossteusch@sbcglobal.net

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...