Saturday, February 23, 2008

Day 23 - There's Been Some Cheating

Forgive me Readers, for I have sinned.

On Monday I coveted my neighbor's delivery pizza. It was probably covered with processed cheese food and mostly likely oozing with high fructose corn syrup, but I bet they loved every bite of it.

On Tuesday I had bread with preservatives because I just couldn't face three weeks in a row of cobb salads without dressing. To be fair, it was a lousy sandwich.

On Wednesday I had a roll with my salad at another lunch meeting. The shepherd's pie they were serving might not have contained preservatives, but that still doesn't make it food.

On Thursday I had two crackers at a cocktail party. Yes, I did know what I was doing and knew that it was wrong, but unless things are to get pretty wild, I should not have a glass of wine at 6:30 without any food to slow down its absorption. Obviously this little experiment does not equip us to be able to be invited out in public.

Last night we may have cheated--it all depends on whether or not Copper Canyon makes its Caesar dressing from scratch. Now our lives have definitely taken a turn for the weird--we are HOPING that our salads involved raw eggs & real anchovies.

The month of not buying anything new was SOOO much easier!

1 comment:

SusieH said...

Oh, your sins should be instantly forgiven :)
It's incredible how mnay extra ThINGS are added in to baked goods.

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...