Saturday, March 15, 2008

Date Night

I married a saint.

Thursday we went to Menopause the Musical. If I was out of place being 37, you can imagine how Andy felt being one of about 10 men in the theater and by far the youngest one. There were a few jokes neither of us understood (and I really hope I never understand), but overall, it was a fun show that took well known songs and replaced the lyrics with witty takes on aging--"Puff, My God I'm Draggin', "If You Wanna Know Where the Fat Grams Go, It's on my Hips" (Shoop Shoop), "Good Vibrations"--very clever stuff.

Andy is off to kayak today to get back in touch with his testosterone. After that show, I'm guessing it will be an all-day affair.....

1 comment:

Georgi said...

That is one of the funniest plays I have ever seen, and I hate to be the one to tell you, but someday you will understand the jokes. I saw this play just before my 50th birthday and rolled on the floor laughing. And the best part was that I felt better about turning 50. I hope you were able to enjoy it.

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...