Sunday, April 6, 2008

Getting Things Done

My idea of a good weekend is to have GOTTEN THINGS DONE. This is a very big thing to me--especially if there is a list involved and I have crossed things off. Just thinking about it gives me chills.

So, this weekend's list of accomplishments:

* Got another package ready to go out to our Appalachian Trail hiker, "Bananas," complete with peanut butter Rice Krispie treats that have enough calories to get my name added to American Diabetes Association's "Enemies List."

* Finished and blocked the "Cheap Thrills" sweater. Pictures here.

* Rounded up and counted all my knitting projects in process but not yet finished. I'm still in shock & not quite ready to talk about that yet.

* Downloaded Quicken to my computer & have managed to convince it that we have a home mortgage, but have not yet convinced it that we have a home. Still working on that one.

* Dried apples and some of my homemade applesauce. I'm not a big fan of cooked apples or apple pie, but the smell of apples and cinnamon has to be one of the best smells on earth.

* Wrote two honest to goodness pen-and-paper letters. My hand is still tired.

* Some housecleaning--boring details omitted because the only thing more boring than housework is talking about it.

* Researched canning in anticipation of a huge harvest from a garden that isn't even planted yet. Optimism is hard to restrain--especially on a sunny spring day.

* Worked on organizing/cleaning the sewing room. Not that you could actually notice much improvement, but it is a little better.

* Made a big batch of spaghetti sauce--possibly the first food I've made for Andy and I since we started putting together food parcels for Bananas. Flirted with the idea of trying to dehydrate some of it.

Whoo hoo! QUITE a wild weekend at the G-S household!!!

No comments:

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...