Wednesday, April 23, 2008

If You Weren't Allowed To Buy Anything For 90 Days....

What would you wish you had stockpiled ahead of time?

This month we've rounded up envelopes, pens, thread, fuses for my car (a quirky little issue my car came up with last month wherein I lose all my gauges and get to guess how fast I'm going by how quickly I pass things), STAMPS, tape of all kinds, canning jars (pretty optimistic considering we already killed the first garden attempt), light bulbs, lacquer thinner (I don't actually know what we're doing with this, but we must have lacquer that's a bit on the pudgy side), and we have double-checked the epoxy supplies. I've checked our respective sock/underwear stashes and have come to the conclusion that the college student impulse to delay laundry as long as possible by buying underwear is a habit quite difficult to shake. We have preordered the gifts for birthdays/graduations/weddings that we know will occur during the ban.

Just over two weeks to go, and I know there's something really big I'm forgetting.....which will be really stinkin' obvious in three weeks....

1 comment:

La Nina said...

Hi, I stopped by from Ravelry and now my imagination is running wild trying to think of thing you might have forget! I have to say, I think this is a really fascinating and admirable experiment. I think if I was doing it, I would attempt to make the transition to as much non-disposable cleaning items as possible. Even though I don't clean a lot (ever) as it is, I would be terrified of running out of paper towels and thus would probably procure a whole bunch of rags and vinegar in the fear that I would need to clean something all 19th century style. And I would probably forget to buy things like, oh...food.

Since you mentioned spark plugs, I assume that you drive? what are you going to do about gas?

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...