Thursday, April 3, 2008

Last night I filled, and I mean FILLED our dehydrator with green peas--4 pounds of them (which tells you what kind of wild night we had). Tonight I thought I'd bag them up for Bananas...


2 not-actually-filled Ziploc sandwich bags. I realize that the whole size thing is why dehydrated foods are great for backpackers, but it's a little demoralizing for those who send food packages to the backpackers.

It's hard to know how much to send to our little Appalachian Trail hiker, so I contacted her husband, Ground Control, to see what he thought, and he said she appreciates anything as he is sending her mostly Pop Tarts, energy bars, and candy bars. My little no-processed-foods-soul shudders at the very thought, so we are dehydrating veggies like fiends. Now we just need to figure out how many pounds of dehydrated peas mitigates 2 frosted Pop Tarts. Rats, I always hated story problems in school.

1 comment:

SusieH said...

Snorting with laughter at the Poptarts versus Peas. Lucky Bananas, to have you guys on the job!!

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...