Thursday, April 17, 2008

OK, it wasn't quite spring

New lesson learned: Just because it's mid-April, doesn't mean it's actually spring.

It has been unseasonably cold this week (or I guess I should say, colder than the past weekend was, because until about June 3 we can pretty much expect anything in the weather department), so we decided to leave the makeshift coldframe up.

To be fair, I don't think any of the plants froze--I think they were cooked to death. A cucumber:

The plant formerly know as "tomato"And the bell pepper:
The peas, not being covered, actually faired better

or, at least some of them did
and this would be the basil
if it had lived.

My assistant gardeners--
I'm not going to explain their "contribution" to the process.

Looks like we'll be doing a Round Two of the peat pod disks this weekend, which will make nice inside work as it is supposed to snow on Saturday. Have I missed the memo? Did we call off Global Warming?

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Ouch - that hurts, mother nature has a habit of doing things like that. Good luck with your second round of seedlings!

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...