Thursday, September 18, 2008

Creature Features

As kids, my sister and I would occasionally get permission to stay up late on Friday nights to watch "Creature Features," which showed old horror classics. I remember few and stayed awake through even fewer. So, as Halloween approaches, I have requested the old classic monster movies from the library.

Since neither of us has seen the original, we are currently watching "The Mummy" with Boris Karloff. Filmed in 1932, it has a cursed mummy who rises from the dead through Egyptian magic. Sounds scary, right? Well, according to the Internet Movie Database, the really scary part of the movie was omitted--the part about reincarnation. Mummy that kills people? Fine. Ancient Egyptian curses? No problem. Reincarnation? NO! Not that!

Geez, I reserved Frankenstein, Dracula, The Mummy, The Blob and all the monster movies I could think of--I guess I forgot Shirley MacLaine.

No comments:

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...