Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Last Day

Today is the last day of the Month of Tango & Tomatoes, so it's time for a little update:

We LOVE the tango, although the dance parties, or milangas, typically start late in the evening and run way past our bedtime. That wouldn't be so embarrassing if we weren't the youngest in the class...

The tomatoes aren't quite as exuberant as they were. Perhaps it's the cold nights? Boise is high desert, so our late summer temperatures drop to the 50s & 60s at night and soar to the mid 80s to low 90s during the day. I finally just shut off the heat & air conditioning out of sheer frustration. Layers are the only way to cope with this sort of temperature insanity, even if I do look a little like the Michelin Man in the morning.

I am still hoping to get another round of salsa, or perhaps a creole sauce, before the end of the season. Then what will I do with my weekends?

1 comment:

StrugglesWithAbsurdity said...

How do I get attached to the Hostile Ex-wife link you were talking about? I have a doozie and I NEED some advice.

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...