Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Month of Tomatoes and Tango

Tonight I am neither cooking tomatoes nor practicing the tango. I have no idea what to do with myself.

We definitely have a favorite tomato plant (out of 8), but of course in true Toni fashion, I didn't think to put tags out or anything to remind myself of what the heck I planted. Romas, I can identify, and I strongly suspect that the plant on the end is a beefsteak tomato, though the tomatoes aren't really getting that big, and the grape tomatoes are obvious--even if they are about the size of the romas, but the others are a smaller round tomato--like a cherry tomato on steroids. The work well for everything except roasting--that turns them into tomato mush. Whatever they are, we're loving the mystery tomatoes, and I might have to save some of the seeds--or make friends with a brighter gardener than myself who could probably recognize the plants with little difficulty.

I haven't decided what October's project will be.....pumpkins and polka? Butternut and beguine? The options are endless at Chateau Sutton-Goar.....

No comments:

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...