Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The October Project

The thing about the "Month Of" projects is that they are addicting. Really, think of all the things you have always wanted to do. You may not actually want to do them on a permanent basis, but what if you could do them for 30 days at a time? I tell you, it gets addictive.

The October project will be: Picking one subject to study in-depth for one month.

Andy and I each get our own subject and it can be anything. Andy chose George Washington, as that whole cherry tree thing is the one thing most of us remember being taught about our first president while in school and it isn't even true. I have chosen sociology. I had friends who took sociology in college, but I picked other electives and to be honest, I could only come up with the vaguest of answers as to what sociology is. And part of me is a little bit hopeful that studying sociology will finally explain to me why so many Americans don't vote, why some of the ones that do vote only care about the (R) or (D) behind the name and nothing about the issues, and why others vote only based on the fear-mongering that the opposition is doing. Do you realize we have people in this country who know more about the fiasco that is Britney Spears's life than they do about the people who will lead our country for the next 4 years???????????

No comments:

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...