Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sense of Humor Wanted

When I was dating, one of my big "must haves" in a relationship was a sense of humor. Other things could be negotiated, but a sense of humor was an absolute necessity.

Last weekend while I was in the canning frenzy, Andy repaired the tile in our bathroom, and ultimately had to regrout a large portion of the floor. Several hours later, I wasn't even thinking about it, and walked across the floor, pulling up gooey sticky group on my foot. Using my "I've just found a live animal in our house" shriek (which, I know, was technically lying but it does get the fastest response from Andy), Andy helped me remove myself from the floor and smoothed out the grout I had messed up.

Later, I walked into the bathroom to find:
Life Lesson #28: Be careful what you wish for--sometimes the universe is actually listening. :)

1 comment:

talullahsworld said...

I've been lurking on your blog for about 6 months and tonight's post was something I just had to come out and comment about..

I know what you mean about the universe actually listening once in a while.. once I wished to live in a more rustic setting and to grant me my wish.. the hot water heater died!

I also wanted to tell you that your "experiments" into not buying anything new and such have been really interesting and inspiring.. it's amazing how much stuff we do buy that we can do without and how the little things we don't even think of as a necessity are so important when we actually run out. Thanks for all the inspiration!

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...