Monday, March 16, 2009

Back On The Wagon.....

Really, I was pretty good on my vacation--probably owing more to the fear of an upset stomach than actual willpower. There was some Diet Pepsi, of course, and Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup, and dining out, but there were NO white chocolate martinis, surprisingly. One of my splurges...
was even arguably pretty healthy. (And crunchy cereal in the morning was SUCH a treat!).

McCall was beautiful and wonderful, but there's a big difference between visiting that much snow and living with it. The boys joined us on the weekendand then it became a challenge to drive home between snowstorms. Sue & Dave made the dash yesterday morning at the beginning of one storm, and Andy & I came home this morning between storms, and another one is due tomorrow. "Spring" is obviously a relative term in some areas.....

On the whole, my stomach is hurting enough that I'm glad to be back home and "back on the wagon," though I am going to miss that cold cereal in the morning...... Anyone know how to make corn flakes?

3 comments:

Suna said...

I can't believe I am giving YOU a food hint, but when I crave that Special K stuff, I have oatmeal with strawberries, either from my fine new dehydrator or Just Strawberries, which is, just strawberries. Not crunchy, but so good I forget the crunch.

Your vacation sure looks pretty, and you got a lot of crafting done, too!

Mandy said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! What lovely surroundings too.

RobinH said...

If granola doesn't work for you (for which there are many good recipes out there), you could experiment with making cornflakes this way:
http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071024053710AAaJOow

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...