Sunday, March 8, 2009

Day 67 - I Can Do One Thing!

Tonight we're having leftover pork roast, and it's pretty good if I do say so myself. I made it yesterday in the crockpot. Yes--you read that correctly: SOMETHING I MADE IN THE CROCKPOT WAS ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD.

I'll be honest: I can now do one thing with the slow cooker: roasts. Unlike all the recipes in those "helpful" cookbook, I cannot brown them first, cook them on high, or add ANY liquid, but as long as I just season the roast, put it on LOW and leave it alone, I can produce edible--sometimes even tasty--meals.

Not much to show for 4 years of trying to learn to use the crockpot, but at this rate on our 8th anniversary I'll be able to make TWO things in the thing. Look out world!

No comments:

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...