* Do not underestimate how much water a pillow can actually hold
* If a recipe says something like "carefully pour," I'm in over my head. I don't think I'd even know if I was carelessly pouring, and if I wouldn't recognize if I was doing something wrong, how would I ever figure out how to do it right?
* Having successfully made zucchini chocolate cake obviously gave me a foolish sense of optimism about my ability to make desserts. A recent "caramelized pumpkin custard" incident has put me back in my place.
* It is possible to cook a custard for an extra half an hour and STILL not have the knife come out clean like the recipe says it should.
* Going out and stirring up the compost bin is a good way to squelch spring fever
* A goal to read 100 books during a year can be made much easier by reading a lot of short "mind-popcorn" types of books, even if they are a little silly and predictable
* If you and your spouse have made the rule that the one who cooks doesn't have to do dishes, it's best to also make the rule "leaving dishes 'to soak' is a complete load of crap"
* If you spent a large portion of last winter entertaining a cat with a cast, the cat might start to believe this is your function during winter months
Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...
Note: I am not a psychologist, psychiatrist, or a counselor. Knowing what we have been through and talking with friends what have also bee...
So Sunday night I discovered a new "social media" website called prabook.org , and the WAY I discovered it was to find out that ...
NOTE: I am not an attorney, psychologist, counselor or therapist. These are simply my suggestions and thoughts having dealt with a hostile...