Sunday, January 23, 2011

And The Free Event of the Week Is.....

A bit problematic this week.  There are some recurring events--open mike night, musicians at local restaurants, that sort of thing--that we could attend, but we were hoping to hold those until we're at least a month or two into this experiment, or at least not use them up in the very first month.  So, we don't actually have anything we can BOTH attend this week.  There's a lecture on water-efficient landscaping, but it is the same night as my book club.  Andy, however, can attend.  That leaves me without an event, though, so I'm going to attend a knitting club at our local library tomorrow night. It's been on my calendar for quite some time, but I tried joining a knitting club once and fled after the inaugural meeting.  Because of the strong internet-based knitting community, I actually thought knitting would be enough in common for a group to be together.  Turns out, this may not the case, or I might have just tried the wrong knitting group.  But, I will give it another shot tomorrow night.  In all fairness, Andy is free tomorrow night and could come with me, but (heavily edited) he said that was taking this experiment just a bit too far.  We'll see.  If it's anything like the last knitting club, I might agree with him.............

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh dear. Please don't let the last knitting group put you off. Some groups can, I must agree appear very cliquey and not terribly friendly to newcomers. I really don't know why this should be since new members are what every group needs to remain active.
So, go along, and have a lovely time meeting new friends. There is really nothing quite so pleasant as an evening spent in the company of like-minded people.

Abby said...

I dare you to say something about acrylic - either pro or con - just to see what happens. ;-)

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...