Tuesday, January 4, 2011

And This Week's Free Event Is.............

Our local branch library's winter book sale!

Which is technically  a free event to attend, though I will admit that the odds of us walking out with less money than we walked in with are pretty high.  Still, our community library is fantastic & will be the source of many of our free events this year, so we buy books every year (as well as donating lots of books and movies).  We talked briefly about going to a medical lecture on the use of robotics in surgery, but I have a serious "thing" about medical stuff, and the last time I went to a lecture involving medicine, I had to dash out of the room before the "learning luncheon" became a "launched luncheon" at my table.  We decided that might not be the best way to "kick off" our new project.  We'll save that particular indignity for a slow week.............

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Oh I do agree about Library Sales. I always go to the regular sales at our local library. Quite often I will find a useful book. I have also bought audio tapes and CDs, as well as music CDs there before now.

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...