Friday, January 21, 2011

Some Interesting Numbers Worth Sharing

The 1916 Coke bottles held 6.5 ounces.
           which would provide approximately 75 calories based on current caloric information from Coca-Cola for their regular soda

1980 - 7-Eleven introduces the 32-ounce Big Gulp
          373 calories 

1987 - 7-Eleven introduces the 44-ounce Super Big Gulp
          513 calories

1992 - 7-Eleven introduces the 64-ounce Double Big Gulp
          747 calories

2009 - 63.1% of Americans were either obese or overweight

2 comments:

Janet said...

This will help to explain the obese situation here in the states. Lots and lots of empty calories! To bad we get hooked on the caffein so easily. I am finally rid of the soda pop habit. If I have one, it is usually when we go out for burgers or such, and then it is only 1 glassful which I savor. Sometimes don't even finish it. I never get a refill anymore, healthier for me that way.

LoriU said...

I’ve pretty much dropped the pop habit too, with the rare exception of when I have pizza. Pizza and Pepsi (or Dr. Pepper) just seem to go together. And the Dr. Pepper thing is a recent change. For some reason I was craving one, and then the smell reminded me of hot August days at the Washington County Fair and it just stuck. I will confess – it’s still the regular pop version – I’ve never gotten used to the sweeteners that are used in diet stuff.

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...