Thursday, February 17, 2011

Spring and Snow

Tuesday:  Toni, tired of the cold and the colorless landscape, purchases a greenhouse and excitedly brags to a friend that she is going to start planting on Wednesday

Wednesday:  The Gods of Winter, not liking anyone to rush them away, send snow, then hail, then a nighttime blanket of snow

Thursday:  Toni, only slightly repentant, decides the greenhouse might have to wait, but still feeling rebellious, puts up the spring decorations in the upstairs bath anyway, which she assumes might provoke a blizzard in retaliation tonight.

The war with the gods of spring & winter is on!

1 comment:

Ella said...

I'm right on your side! Will it help if I plant ranunculus and draw some of the fire on me? I won't mind getting snowed in, I've got so many books to read it would actually be a relief. :-))

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...