Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Things I Have Learned This Week

*  Few things wake me up as fast as the sound of a kitty barfing on the carpet.

*  If a backyard greenhouse comes with little tent-stakes, there is a reason.

*  No matter how many times I read "plant as soon as the soil can be worked" on the back of a packet of spinach seeds, it's still hard to believe planting something in February is going to work.

*  Normally I have several books I'm reading at once, but it's too complicated if two are by the same author and both are murder mysteries involving doctors.

*  My former accountant is one heck of an optimist.  Even after they made a foolish mistake on our taxes, got us penalized by the IRS, and didn't return any of my calls, he was apparently surprised we would fire him.

*  A yearly goal such as reading one hundred books a year is something one should REALLY stay on top of, or one might find oneself almost a month behind the day the third month of the year begins.

1 comment:

Alison said...

So many of these rang a bell with me today. Though my mini-greenhouse blew over in our winter storms this year *despite* being pegged to the ground, and I don't think I've ever seen 'as soon as the ground is workable' on a packet.
As for accountants: it just goes to show, once again, that some people are better at numbers than they are with people. Even if they're not very good at numbers.

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...