Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Land Of 10,000 Zucchini

Thus far, we have had zucchini with Andy's wonderful roasted peanut mole sauce, zucchini salads, zucchini with roasted tomato sauce, zucchini with cilantro pesto, I've made "zany zucchini" pickles..........and the zucchini are only getting warmed up.  I've lined up some new  recipes, so I'll probably be making zucchini relish tomorrow, or maybe hot and spicy zucchini pickles.  It's a bit hot for zucchini bread.  Maybe zucchini cole slaw?   Anyone ever tried zucchini parmesan?  How about zucchini moussaka?  Zucchini football.....?????

2 comments:

RobinH said...

The first...and last...time my mother planted zucchini, we went through all of these options. The last one was the infamous zucchini lasagna (which substituted zucchini for the pasta). I was the only one in my family to finish my serving, and even I declined seconds. My father (who eats most anything) got up and made himself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner. It was then my mother threw in the towel, knit herself a balaclava and sneaked out at night to deposit brown paper bags full of zucchini on the neighbors' doorsteps.

Now, I'm not saying you don't have an absolutely awesome recipe for zucchini parmesan. And it's clear you like zucchini way more than my family does. But there is a reason that the UN banned the ICBZ (intercontinental ballistic zucchini) as a bioweapon in 1977.

I'm just sayin'.

Alison said...

Chocolate cake! Really. Except we call zucchini 'courgettes'.

Good luck. ;)

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...