Friday, July 29, 2011

Some Traditions I Can Live Without

As a kid, I seemed to get ear infections in the summer pretty regularly.  The memory of the actual infection is non-existent, but the memory of not being able to swim when we went on the one-week family vacation right after the 4th of July is quite clear.  I actually don't even remember if they hurt or what we actually did about them, or what actually caused them.

BUT, feeling all proud of ourselves for our determination, Andy and I got up at 5:00 AM on Monday to go to the gym where Andy lifted weights an I swam laps..........and got water in my ear.  And it's still with me. So, it's July, I have an ear ache, I don't hear very well, and I can't go swimming.  Okay, THIS summer tradition stinks.

No comments:

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...