Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I Must Be Doing It Wrong

Every--and I mean every--gardening book says you must weed around your plants.  So, last night I diligently weeded and trimmed around the winter squash, and................
I think I lost one of the squash.  Either there is a right way to weed and I am just unaware of it, or the poor thing died from shock (which is highly probably given my almost total general lack of weeding)  Maybe I should warn the houseplants now that I might feed them in the near future.......?

1 comment:

Alison said...

I'm sorry to hear of the demise of the winter squash - but I had to share this courgette (zucchini) recipe with you. I am sure it would be a wow at parties... Courgettes in a bun

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...