* When a canning recipe says things like "cook until reduced by about a third," it would be a good idea for me to wash and prepare 3 extra jars to fill, as I seem completely unable to do fractions in cooked mustard.
* "Oh, I'll be able to tell them apart once the peppers set on" is a much dumber sentence than one would think if one is trying out a few new types of peppers that one hasn't actually ever seen before.
* Unless ALL your strawberry plants put out fruit all summer, having ONE plant do so means you're probably going to miss a lot of strawberries.
* I am so utterly proud of myself for making and freezing batch after batch of pesto while the basil is rampant that I might be overestimating the amount of pesto two people will eat in one year. Would 17 batches too much?
* I hate to say this, but so many people have sent me wonderful recipes for zucchini that I'm really hoping the uninvited zucchini recovers and becomes prolific again
* So far, my fears of overcrowding for the 4-per-foot potato planting have been unfounded. When you don't get even a single potato, it's not so crowded
* People telling me that zinnias do not reseed themselves is fine, but they probably need to explain it to the zinnias that have cropped up in the front lawn.
Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...
So Sunday night I discovered a new "social media" website called prabook.org , and the WAY I discovered it was to find out that ...
Note: I am not a psychologist, psychiatrist, or a counselor. Knowing what we have been through and talking with friends what have also bee...