* When a canning recipe says things like "cook until reduced by about a third," it would be a good idea for me to wash and prepare 3 extra jars to fill, as I seem completely unable to do fractions in cooked mustard.
* "Oh, I'll be able to tell them apart once the peppers set on" is a much dumber sentence than one would think if one is trying out a few new types of peppers that one hasn't actually ever seen before.
* Unless ALL your strawberry plants put out fruit all summer, having ONE plant do so means you're probably going to miss a lot of strawberries.
* I am so utterly proud of myself for making and freezing batch after batch of pesto while the basil is rampant that I might be overestimating the amount of pesto two people will eat in one year. Would 17 batches too much?
* I hate to say this, but so many people have sent me wonderful recipes for zucchini that I'm really hoping the uninvited zucchini recovers and becomes prolific again
* So far, my fears of overcrowding for the 4-per-foot potato planting have been unfounded. When you don't get even a single potato, it's not so crowded
* People telling me that zinnias do not reseed themselves is fine, but they probably need to explain it to the zinnias that have cropped up in the front lawn.