Tomorrow is our fifth wedding anniversary. To say that it feels like time has flown by would be an understatement. Which is probably a really good sign, when I think about it. After all, the saying is "Time flies when you're having fun."
And what can have we learned in our five years together?
* No one can steal covers when the comforter is heavy enough
* We are both idiotically devoted to our cats
* My "organization sweeps" often lead to future scavenger hunts
* Play to your strengths. While Andy is by far the better birder, I am the champion mouse/vole catcher.
* Pantry moths really must be one of the fabled plagues of Egypt--I don't care what anyone says
* Don't start planning recipes until we actually see what comes up in the garden
* Early adversity can really help you become a team much faster.
* Don't try to explain to your husband why there are 38 "off-white" paint samples pinned on the wall.
* Deciding to give up processed foods for an entire year can bring you closer together......and make all your friends doubt your sanity.
* It's best not to tackle problems in ordinary ways. One can fight about money, or go on three-month spending bans to explore one's spending habits. Why not take the option that will actually be fun?
* It's okay to weed out friends who don't behave well. We have lots of friends who do, and we need space for the new ones we find.
* Life can be an adventure.
Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...
Note: I am not a psychologist, psychiatrist, or a counselor. Knowing what we have been through and talking with friends what have also bee...
So Sunday night I discovered a new "social media" website called prabook.org , and the WAY I discovered it was to find out that ...
NOTE: I am not an attorney, psychologist, counselor or therapist. These are simply my suggestions and thoughts having dealt with a hostile...