Thursday, October 27, 2011

Lessons Learned This Week

*  Before freaking out about only getting 12 jars of curried green tomato sauce instead of 15, it might be wise to check to see how many jars I got last year from the same recipe.

*  Getting excited about the end of the garden might be a bit premature considering how many green tomatoes are still waiting for me.

*  To say I hurt my hip because I somehow got my feet tangled underneath a cupboard drawer and fell is just about the dumbest thing I've ever had to admit--I think I'll just claim it's early onset arthritis.

*  Asters and Bachelor Buttons can survive some amount of frost, or at least the amount we've had so far.

*  Flies can also survive frost, dang it!

*  Having a few extra pain pills around "just in case" would indeed have been a really slick idea if they had numbed pain even half as much as the subsequent white chocolate martini

No comments:

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...