Saturday, October 15, 2011

Music, Music, Music

I think I've mentioned that we've joined a little music club that usually meets once a month to learn a new song.  It's been fun, and especially for me, it's nice for music to be FUN again.  It's nice to be able to practice without someone being right there to jump on any mistakes or nitpick every little detail, though even here we aren't without our critics......

but I just don't think she's musical.

Tonight we're trying out a new idea--dinner and salon.  Not the smelly hair kind of salon, but bringing back the idea of people performing music or readings after dinner sort of as one would have done during the 18th or 19th century.  Technically, a salon should refer to an exchange of ideas or an art show, I suppose, but sticklers are A) no fun at all, and B) not invited.  I'm thinking this could be a very fun way to spend some winter evenings.  If summer ever goes away, that is.......

No comments:

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...