* I think most of the time the cats consider me somewhat of a dolt. Except when it rains--then they think I'm a god with the power to stop the rain if they whine loud enough.
* I failed to plant a fall garden again this year. I truly intended to, but it's hard to want to extend the growing season of something you're getting really tired of.
* It was 90 degrees here on Sunday, and today's high will be 56. I have now become one of those little ladies who complains about the weather. A lot.
* Goodreads has updated it's reading challenge tally to be able to tell me that I'm now THREE books ahead for the year. And I thought I was a maniac when I was behind..............
* When one is scrambling to harvest and preserve all the things we really like--cucumbers, tomatoes, basil--before the garden dies, it's hard to remember things like eggplant.
* Farmer's Almanac suggests moving fragile herbs like basil and tarragon inside for winter. That's fine for the tarragon, but they must grow MUCH smaller basil than I did.
* The most obvious flaw in square foot gardening has surfaced: How to harvest potatoes without killing the plants surrounding the potato tower? Apparently we may only find out if we got potatoes once the peppers are dead.
* When the house is freezing, it's much easier to spend the day in the kitchen over a hot stove.
* Today will be more canning. Yeah, I know--what a shock.
Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...
So Sunday night I discovered a new "social media" website called prabook.org , and the WAY I discovered it was to find out that ...
Note: I am not a psychologist, psychiatrist, or a counselor. Knowing what we have been through and talking with friends what have also bee...