Thursday, November 17, 2011

Almost There!

Yesterday (thanks to Theo, the wake-up kitty), I got an early start to my day and these
were converted to 15 pints of curried green tomato sauce.
 
 which leaves me with just these left from our insane green tomato harvest:
I'll give the tomatoes a few more days to see how many more turn red, then do one more round of canned tomatoes, then freeze,dry, or launch any others.  I am SOOOOO ready to put away the canning equipment!

And--even after swearing not to do anything so foolish--I was carrying out some empty vinegar jugs to store in the shed, but I thought I'd first get them ready for their future mini-greenhouse role:
 and then since I had them and lettuce is really a cold weather crop.......
I planted lettuce yesterday.  I have no idea if these will withstand the really cold temperatures we're about to get, but it sort of doesn't matter.  If it works, it works--if it doesn't, it doesn't.  If I had the zipper repair finished on the greenhouse, these could be in there, but that has to wait until the canning/cleaning/decorating is done.  Maybe what I need are 8-day weeks.........

No comments:

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...