Sunday, November 20, 2011

Just 9 To Go

Yesterday I finished TWO audio books, so now I just need to read or listen to 9 more books for the year and I'll have reached my goal of 100 books for the third year.  It probably seems quite ridiculous to many, but I enjoy it AND I strongly suspect that I spend about as much time listening to audio books as many people spend watching television, so it isn't like it's a big time-consuming thing. 

What I have discovered is that by reading more I am much more open to new authors and new books.  When I was only reading a few books a year, a bad book really stood out.  Now, unless it is truly a stinker, it's merely a blip.  Audio books make it even easier as I can listen while doing other things, so the book just has to be more interesting than, say, canning.  I won't say there aren't books that I have abandoned as audio books (because I have), but an average book that might not be worth my time to read is usually entertaining enough while cleaning. 

So today is cleaning & working on switching decorations from fall to Christmas (yes I know it's early, but we aren't having Thanksgiving here and it's a big house) and listening to Queen Isabella: Treachery, Adultery, and Murder in Medieval England.  Boy, if THAT doesn't put one in the holiday mood, I don't know what will.

No comments:

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...