Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Things I Have Learned This Week

* Sweep the floors regularly--you never know when you're going to have to spend some extended time on them.

*  Always wear the most interesting pajamas one can find.

*  Having lots of people who are there to help you is AMAZING.

*  Having back pain is like joining a new social organization.  You're one amongst many.  And it's probably the only time that it truly makes sense that everyone coming to your assistance is older than you are.

*  Having a pantry full of soup is coming in VERY handy now that I can achieve enough of an angle to eat soup.

*  Coffee through a straw is much hotter than it is just from the cup

*  Have someone in the emergency room with you who HASN'T  been given a bunch of drugs on the way there so someone can remember what the doctor says.

*  It's okay to let people help you when you actually really need help

*  Celebrate the little things.  I am more excited than I can say to have been able to put my own socks on this morning!

1 comment:

Alacaeriel said...

Not just remember what the doctor says, but also respond to questions asked by the doctors and nurses, too. My mother went to hospital recently, but 'cos of the painkillers she had on board, she kept falling asleep. I answered for her, considering I was there and all.

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...