Monday, December 26, 2011

The Day After........

Sometimes one has such a great Christmas that it is just too difficult to really describe.  Thanks to the back injury, I let the stressful things go.  The Christmas cards did not get out before  Christmas, but that's okay because I can still send them out after Christmas.  I didn't bake the cookies I always think I want to bake and never do, but we received better cookies than I could ever dream of making AND there were no dirty dishes to be cleaned. Some decorations I wanted to make didn't get done, but I'll get to them before the next time we use the music theme.  I didn't get parts of 2 gifts made, but they were gifts for the 2 least-grateful family members we have, and the gifts for the really NICE people did get made.  When I hosted the book club Christmas get-together in my pajamas, my friends understood because we've already been through marriages and divorces together, and we'll go through health problems together as we age.  The Christmas party, Christmas Eve party, and the Christmas night party probably weren't as elaborate as they might have been, but they were spectacular evenings.  When I couldn't drive, the Secret Santa carpool picked me up, and was WAY more entertaining than driving alone could ever be.  When I couldn't move to decorate, friends came around to help, and the house has never looked better AND every time I see the decorations it's a reminder of my friends and how much fun it was to decorate together.  When two back-to-back parties left me sore and in need of extra pain pills, Andy and I declared today the first annual Fleece Jammies day and had a quiet day of reading and knitting.  This might actually be one of the best Christmases I've ever had.

2 comments:

Edna's Art and Moves said...

We haven't left, yet, but I already miss you both.

RobinH said...

Isn't it funny how letting go of perfection actually makes the holiday closer to perfect?! Sounds marvelous! And I loved your card- it was a great post-Christmas treat. :)

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...