Saturday, December 24, 2011

Oh, The Irony............

It has occurred to me that since this is Christmas Eve, this would be a good day to review my gift list and make sure everything is hopefully made, accounted for, wrapped, and sometimes even delivered.  Yesterday would have been an even BETTER day, of course, and last week completely fantastic, but for the last month I have been completely positive that when the doctor said that 90% of back pain was better in one month that A) he meant one month literally, B) that by "better" he meant "all and totally better and not just better by comparison, and C) that I would be in that 90%.  Being ALL better on the 20th - exactly one month later - was still going to leave me 4 days to finish sewing the gifts I had started in November, and this seemed totally reasonable considering the nifty drugs I'd been given.  Being just a lot better is nice, of course, but I would like to be able to sit again at some point.  Not just the "I-have-taken-two-pain-pills-to-get-me-through-this," sort of sitting, but REAL sitting.  Like practicing the guitar sitting, or eating dinner at the table sort of sitting.  Or being able to stand car rides longer than 20 minutes sort of sitting.  Or sewing sitting.  Going to the occasional (okay, once a year) movie sitting.  Flying somewhere warmer sort of sitting.  Not having to lay on the floor to write Christmas cards sort of sitting.  Finishing the Christmas presents sort of sitting.  It's all rather ironic, really, since my back went out because of all the STANDING I had been doing, which I am now free to do to my little heart's spine's content.  That's all well and good, but since the cold really bothers my back the "standing activities" options are sort of limited, and I might be underestimating myself, but do I really want to be canning in January??????

No comments:

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...