Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Things I Have Learned From My Back Injury

*  Sneezing is your body's way of saying "the pain could be SO much worse."

*  My feet are much farther away from my hands than I thought

*  Fainting is much different than I thought it would be.  You're just suddenly in a different place than you were a second ago and can't figure out how you got there

*  Whatever type of pain pills people get addicted to, they certainly aren't the ones I've been given

*  When doctors give you prescriptions, it appears they actually intend for you to take the pills

*  When the doctor says that 90% of back injuries get better in one month regardless of what one does, it doesn't mean that 10% get better faster, no matter how optimistic one is.

*  Theo takes his get-well kitty duties very seriously, and does not appreciate being laughed at when he flops down on his back with me as I'm doing my physical therapy exercises.

No comments:

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...