Friday, January 27, 2012

Ta-Da!

It's sunny and I was able to go for a walk!!!!!!

I have not been able to go outside for a walk since mid-November, and because my physical therapist now knows that I consider moderation mostly just an "m" word in the dictionary, I have been given very strict limits on what I'm allowed to do each week.  This week I can try walking OUT of the pool IF I walk at a slower clip AND more gently than my previous treadmill attempt.  No incline, no speed, no impact.  And I did it!  (I think)  I did 25 minutes, and I went so slowly and so gently that I don't think I even raised my heartbeat (note to self: dress much warmer than normal for these "pokey walks").  The big test is probably in the morning.  If I have back spasms, I haven't managed that "moderation" concept after all.......

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Good luck with keeping your exercise at a moderate level. It won't be easy, but the improvement in your mobility will make it all worth while.

LoriU said...

Isn't a "pokey walk" also called a stroll? That seems to be a really old fashioned word... Do you think anyone (without back problems) strolls any more?

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...