Friday, January 6, 2012

Things I Have Learned From Physical Therapy

*  Being switched to once-a-week therapy might mean you're making good progress, but it also seems to mean that it can take a full week to recover from each session.

*  Doing one's homework exercises faithfully might, sadly, surprise the therapist.  Other people must enjoy pain much more than I do.

*  After having to be rescued from the bathroom floor while in my crossword puzzle pajamas by 8 strong young men, my battered ego has gotten a little boost from my being more flexible than my young therapist and his assistants.

*  One can learn a lot about human muscle structure by what hurts after what exercise.

*  The doctor who prescribed the Valium for after physical therapy appointments really knew what he was talking about.

No comments:

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...