Friday, February 3, 2012

New Thing Number 1

Just because something isn't exactly fun, doesn't mean it won't count for my list.

This week I had my first mammogram.  I was supposed to have one last year since that's when I turned 40, but I forgot, so it was available for New Thing #1 status.  And, to be honest, it isn't nearly as bad as I thought it might be.  It's weird and a bit awkward, but it doesn't hurt.  I was actually shocked at how often I've heard people complain about it hurting.  These people have obviously not gotten tetanus shots recently (which are STILL my least-favorite medical happening, including the "annual wellness exam for women").  It might have helped that I had just come from a really hard workout in the pool so the REST of me was actually hurting, but it still wasn't that bad.

However, I'm going to aim a bit higher for entertainment value for New Things number 2-12....which shouldn't be all that hard, considering.............

1 comment:

Abby said...

My last mammogram was excruciating! Made me cry. It depends on the technician and how careful she is not to twist anything.

For thing #2, you could have a root canal. People complain about those, but mine did not hurt at all. Ah, the wonders of drugs!

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...