Friday, March 30, 2012

Pinterest

I read a quip somewhere lately that said Pinterest is fantasy football for women.  Having only a very vague understanding of fantasy football, I can't say for sure how much I agree with that statement, but I have noticed that Pinterest is where I get to pretend that I am someone I'm not.  Friends "pin" ideas for glamorous cakes, wonderful manicured garden designs, ideas for decorating rooms larger than my entire house--and I get a chance to sit there and think, "Hey, I could do that," so I "repin" the idea to one of my boards.  For a brief moment, I get to pretend that I am not too lazy to do anything but sheet cakes where the frosting is used to cover up whatever abnormal shape I have achieved this time.  I get to pretend that not only will everything grow in the garden where I actually put it (and that the things that grow are actually what I plant) but that I will be so diligent about weeding that my garden will be a visual delight.  I get to pretend that after 20+ years of cleaning a house with 3 bathrooms, we would have the money, energy, and stupidity to buy an even BIGGER house when we're older.  Whether that is similar to fantasy football or not, Pinterest is certainly where my fantasies run wild.  Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go check my boards to see what clothing ideas my friends are sharing for bodies that will never be older than 25...................

No comments:

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...