Thursday, March 29, 2012

Victory?

A huge part of the physical therapy/recovery process (now in it's 4th month) has been playing mind games with myself--setting little goals, a few yarn-themed rewards, celebrating little advances, and, of course, sulking like a child occasionally--and my rather battered ego was really extremely pleased when they had to upgrade me from the normal rubber bands I was using for the resistance-walking exercises to the "heavy duty" one after I broke my 4th band.  My physical therapist said if I broke THIS one, it would be a first.  Which is why,
this makes part of me just foolishly proud that this broke yesterday while doing my exercises........though of course that isn't the same part that just got flipped by a 6-inch-wide rubber band...............

No comments:

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...