Saturday, May 12, 2012

Companion Planting

So last year, after squash bugs killed all my squash, someone told me that nasturtium repels squash bugs.  I had planted nasturtium, but nowhere near the squash so it had no affect.  THIS year I'm trying it--so I'll probably be plagued with some new bug or disease or critter.  I found this link though:

http://www.ag.ndsu.edu/hort/info/vegetables/companion.htm

which provides a short, easy list of what to plant where to repel what.  My kind of thing.  Of course, this means that instead of just hoping to get ONE plant to grow to get food, I need to get that ONE plant plus it's bug-protector companions to grow.  I can see how grocery shopping caught on........

Let the garden wars begin!

No comments:

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...