Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Olympic Yarnbombing

"Yarnbombing," or the attaching of knitting to various public objects--like adding a scarf to a tree or statue or whatever, has become sort of a cool creative-but-doesn't-hurt-anything sort of movement in the last few years.  I've seen pictures of lots of fun stuff, but NOTHING like this one:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2111518/A-yarn-Olympic-proportions--Mystery-knitter-attaches-50-yard-long-scarf-featuring-woollen-athletes-pier.html

That is cool even if one doesn't knit.  I can't even guess how long it took to make it--the details on the little knitted figures would have done me in completely.

1 comment:

Cindi V. Walton said...

I vote for covering the Friendship Bridge at BSU!

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...