Friday, May 18, 2012

They're Wrong

Pick up any magazine or watch even 5 minutes of television, and you're going to see some sort of ad telling men what gifts women will appreciate--and it usually involves a few hundred to a few thousand dollars.  And maybe there are a few women out there who would agree, but frankly I think every woman I have ever met would rather have what I got last night:

Shelves for my sewing room, made for me by my loving husband, Andy!  There are even going to be lights in those upper curves.  Can you imagine anything that one could buy being a better gift??????  I certainly can't.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow! You are a very lucky sewer and knitter! They are really beautiful shelves. Many congratulations to your clever husband.

Viviana said...

I'm with you, Toni - Give me shelves and cabinets or give me death!

Ooops, I think I'm getting a bit confused there, but you get the point. Congratulations - that is a nice-looking set of shelves!

Thayes said...

Yeah Andy!!! By the way, Toni, these shelves look a lot stronger than the collapsed ones I saw in your sewing room last November! :)

Isn't it nice to have husbands who can build things? I think my lucky stars every day!

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...