Friday, June 8, 2012

Next Up....

Since I haven't yet killed the last 2 houseplants I bought, I am feeling positively giddy in the green-thumb department, and picked up this today:

(though I, unlike my photo editor, have the sense to keep the plant right-side up).  Wandering Jew is actually my favorite houseplant, but I killed the last one rather quickly, and was a bit hesitant to try again, but I have cleaned up our back bedroom enough to be able to have a plant hanging in front of the window there, so I have high hopes for this one.  I had to Google this, because I wasn't sure if it was still called a "Wandering Jew" or not, or if that was considered racially insensitive, but it does still seem to go by that name.  That makes sense--if you wander around in the desert for 40 years, people are going to talk.  Could you imagine?

"Sarah, David--what a surprise!  Really--we were expecting you in 1972...." 

These things get noticed............besides, it's a wonderful plant.  And I say this in spite of the fact that the odds are quite high that I will be killing the poor thing...........

No comments:

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...