Friday, October 26, 2012

Toni Flirts With Reality


I don't think I'm going to be making a habit of being reasonable or anything, but for this year I have decided to not bother with the end of the tomatoes.  

That's right--this year there was no mad-dash out to save every green tomato before frost.  No frenzied after-harvest canning, no green tomato curry, no relish, no salsa.  It helps that we still haven't used everything I canned last year, but the final straw was that I'm back in physical therapy and the therapist has stressed above all else that my back needs to rest until everything calms down.  I do still plan to make a bit more soup when I'm more certain of my back, but for now--nothing.  No fall decorations, no scurrying around for parties or events.  I am just taking it easy.  ME. 

It's an odd idea to come to terms with.......

No comments:

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...