Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Great Greenhouse Experiment

More things are sprouting!  Even though we have a heater in the greenhouse, everything is still sprouting better with my high-tech seedling insulating system:
(a.k.a. "grocery bags.")  I have some spring greens and broccoli sprouting here:
 we have spinach sprouting everywhere, and our little rose is surviving:
Technically, it probably would have survived being put outside, but I didn't take the time to harden it off, and thought the shock of moving outside after being a houseplant most of its life might kill it.  Not that I don't stand a good chance of doing that anyway, but this gives it a fighting chance. 

We're pretty excited, and trying to ignore the fact that the weather is still so mild that we could probably be growing spinach outside right now......

1 comment:

Son of MCMLXXV said...

I worked in a greenhouse one Summer and had a blast. There was something calming about working with plants, compared to working with people and I truly miss that aspect of it.

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...