Monday, January 21, 2013

I Am Channeling Boo Radley

Today I made it until 2:00.  Some days I've made it until 4:00, but this extreme cold has pretty much stopped life here at the Château.  I don't seem to be able to dress warm enough to go outside without managing to aggravate the pulled back muscles, and even staying inside dressing as warmly as I can stand, I've had several bad days that resulted in Valium and movies, and aside from having the girls over last Monday for knitting night, I've been drugged and in bed with the heating pad by about 5:00 every night.  I think the neighbors have started to question my existence....

The good news is that Wednesday is supposed to reach 31--which isn't above freezing but is at least above 20--and by weekend it is supposed to finally get above freezing.  Hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

bittenbyknittin said...

Oh, I can spend days and days at home, alone, happy as a clam. I do venture out into the backyard, to fill the bird feeders, but I could keel over there and not be noticed by my neighbors. My hope is on the paper deliverer and mail carrier - surely one of them would call the authorities if my mail and paper boxes filled up. FYI - started a tai chi class - it's supposed to be good for backs.

Georgi said...

It is so sad when we think that 31 is great. We had a cold spell that almost killed me but it finally is over, though I am sure it will hit again. Try and stay warm.

Edna's Art and Moves said...

Toni, fly to Las Vegas next week and we'll treat you to sitting in the sunshine!

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...