Saturday, February 23, 2013

One Step Forward...

As you might have guessed, there was an "incident" while doing my physical therapy exercises on Wednesday.  While I was doing leg squats with my exercise ball against the closed bathroom door, the door opened on the 10th one and I fell.  It didn't scare me as much as it seems to have scared Andy, and I don't think it did any real damage, but it did give me another set-back in the ongoing back recovery.  I had managed to do an hour of pool walking on Monday, so at least I was probably at a better place for a set-back (if I had to have one) than just a couple weeks ago.  But it's frustrating all the same.  And frankly, this one really, REALLY hurt.  Even with full drugs, I was pretty much immobile Wednesday and most of Thursday, though yesterday I felt pretty good in the morning so we went out to lunch and to a library book sale, which was hugely exciting for me as I hadn't even made it downstairs for a couple days.  It was probably a little over-exciting for my back because the afternoon had to be spent in bed, but I made it the entire day without Valium.  Some days the key to my sanity is staying focused on the little victories...............:)

1 comment:

Her Artichoke Heart said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry to learn of your back troubles. I threw my back out and had to go through physical therapy two years ago, and it was so painful :( I hope you're back in shape soon.

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...