Saturday, March 30, 2013

Things I Have Learned From the Back Problems

*  John Wayne didn't walk so funny after all

*  Those who get addicted to pain pills got different meds than me

*  A hot tub is worth its weight in gold

*  Some people will use your back pain as an excuse to tell you about their back pain for the 47th time.  These people are to be avoided at all costs.  One pain in the backside is enough

*  There have been numerous set backs, but none of them took me back to the days of not being able to put on my own socks.  This is an important benchmark

*  We need to hang a few pictures on the ceiling in the room where I do my exercises every day

*  The first real spring day is going to end in pain

*  Slow improvement is improvement

*  Don't let yourself be nagged or bullied into things you're not ready to do.  The nagger isn't the one who lives with the subsequent pain--you do. 

*  Be thankful for friends--they're the ones who are going to see you through everything

No comments:

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...