Sunday, June 30, 2013

Everyone Is Better!

After an additional trip to the vet, a 72-hour shot for pain, and some episodes with forcing water down a cat that I think all three of us are trying to forget, Theo is back to normal and free from pain and, more importantly, seems to have forgiven Andy and I for the whole, horrible ordeal. 

And I, for the first time in a year and a half, am permanently off of the pain medication.  To be fair, this is because going back on the prescription-strength dosage for the trip seems to have finally been too much and gave me a stomach ulcer, but it is a relief to be off of them.  I knew that such extended usage carried a possibility of any number of side-effects, and I consider myself pretty lucky that I got the one that starts to heal as soon as the medication stops, but I can't honestly say that the week we got back from our trip was much fun for any of us.  However, my stomach seems to be healing pretty rapidly, and for the first time in I don't know how long, I made it to the gym 5 out of 7 days last week.  I was pretty sore last night, but under normal circumstances 5 days at the gym would have made me sore, so I'm not too worried.  I'm pain free most of the time, so I think the end of this whole stupid saga is in site. 

Onward!

No comments:

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...